The overall objective is to explore and reflect on gender issues and on how best to redress them in the context of higher learning institutions with the aim of realizing the human rights and gender equality as speculated in various national and international instruments. Specific objectives include:
- Exploring the critical factors and challenges that lead to gender based inequalities in the context of higher education.
- Exploring examples of good practices in exploiting the power of higher education in promoting the equalities and rights of women and men.
- Identifying strategic opportunities to engage national partners including but not limited to gender-specific institutions to promote gender based equality.
- Identifying the needs in terms of capacity building of gender activists in higher education institutions.
- Providing opportunity for gender activists from higher education institutions to share experiences.